Due to COVID-19, almost all events are virtual! Though it's not quite the same as visiting our cozy shop, these events still provide a wonderful chance to experience some Spiral magick safely. Got questions? Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Miss an event you really wanted to see? Check out our Events Archive for video recordings!
Storytime with Bookseller Monica
First Wednesdays at 1 PM
Gather up your little readers and head down to Spiral for a monthly Storytime! Bookseller Monica will read aloud from a hand-picked children’s book full of magic and wonder. Selections will vary every month, but the chosen title will also be available for purchase just in case you fall in love. We kindly ask that children are with a guardian at all times in the shop. This event is free to attend!
Enchant Your World with Folk Magic
Saturday, March 18 at 3:30 PM
You might remember a time in your childhood where you found the world around you to be positively filled with magic. From your favorite tree in a park to making bread with your grandmother, everyday happenings and objects were infused with power, possibility, magic and enchantment. Just cuz you're no longer a kid doesn't mean you have to leave behind that sense of connection, possibility, and magic! This kind of magic is your birthright! Learn to return to this magic with folk witch and writer Lex Ritchie (they/them.) All you'll need is a pen and paper for notetaking (if you'd like!), water, snacks and a comfy place to sit. Any intuitive objects that assist you are welcome--candles, incense, etc! This workshop will take place virtually on Zoom.
In this workshop you'll learn:
- What folk magic is and who it is for
- How to discover the magic that is inside of you and all around you waiting for you to connect with it!
- The tools & practices of folk magic
- Guiding principles to help guide you in engaging with folk magic
- How to build your own folk magic practice
Tickets are $35 to join live or for recording access. A limited number of no-cost tickets are available with disabled, LGBTQIA and BIPOC community members in mind who may not have the funds, but would benefit greatly from this magical workshop. Visit Eventbrite to purchase tickets.
April ‘23 Selkie Book Club: The Bruising of Qilwa
Wednesday, April 12 at 7:30 PM EST
Join us for the virtual gathering of Spiral’s Selkie Book Club! Focused on magical adult fiction, this book club meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM EST via Zoom. Dive deep into Victoria’s selection of stranger worlds, shimmering doors, supernatural quests and mystical landscapes. For the January Selkie Book Club, we’ll be reading Naseem Jamnia's "The Bruising of Qilwa."
To join this book club, we just ask that you purchase each month’s title through the shop! Click here to purchase "The Bruising of Qilwa." Your email will be added to the book club list with your purchase.
Other options for entry:
- Visually impaired or blind and need to use audiobooks? Please purchase the audiobook through Spiral’s LibroFM if possible, and forward us the email confirmation. If purchase through LibroFM is not possible, simply email us and let us know you’d like to join!
- Already own this book but did not purchase it from Spiral or another indie bookshop? You can purchase a book club ticket on our website!
- Already purchased this month’s title from Spiral or another indie bookshop? Just email us at email@example.com and let us know you already have the book but would like to join!
Please note that due to low attendance, the Moon Salons are on hiatus. We know our wonderful attendees are craving the intimacy and joy of in-person gatherings and honestly, we are, too! We'll announce just as soon as Moon Salons are back <3