The Italian Galignani brothers were known for their French Restoration-style bindings, such as the one reproduced here. Originally designed for an 1829 edition of The Poetical Works of Thomas Moore, this gilt-decorated cover retained the structural sturdiness characteristic of the era. By Paperblanks and Hartley & Marks Publishers Inc.
This beautiful unlined softcover journal:
- measures 0.5" H x 8.8" L x 6.9" W
- contains 176 unlined pages
- boasts a flexible cover and spine, with flat-lying pages
- features illustrated edges and a red ribbon to mark your place
- and is printed on sustainable acid-free forest paper with Smyth sewn binding.
A perfect addition to all of your artistic endeavors!